- First Sharpen £15
For skates that have NEVER been sharpened - with oil finish for the best glide.
- Standard Sharpen £7.50
With oil finish for the best glide.
- Heat Molding Skates £20
Includes staff supervised fitting service - fitting will take up to 25 minutes to complete and will be worked around the queue for sharpenings.
- Rocker / Profile £25
- Full Ice / Inline Conversion £45
- Only steel conversion £30
- Full eyelet replacement £30
- Eyelets £2.50
- Steel Rivets £2.50
- Copper Rivets £3.50
- Heel lift with full fit (per lift) £15
- Boot stretch (per skate) £6.50
- Figure skate - Full Mount £30
- Figure Skate - Partial Mount £20
- Repair work - per hour £15
- All work will be worked around the queue for sharpenings
- Waiting times may vary
- In some instances, skates may have to be left overnight
- Skates left at owner’s risk
- Skate loyalty cards are available in store – collect 5 sharpenings – get your 6th free!
TIPS FOR GETTING THE MAXIMUM FIT ON YOUR SKATES AT COLD BLOODED SPORTS
SIZING YOUR SKATES
- Our staff offer a sizing guide to all customers when purchasing skates.
- We can only offer an estimated guide on which size to purchase and the final decision will be the customers to undertake.
- When buying your skates, always make sure you try them on and ensure your skates fit properly before purchasing and sharpening. We will not refund any skates which do not fit properly after they have been purchased and sharpened.
- Warranty faults – We will seek manufacturer advice and authorisation before confirming returns. We maintain the right to offer a like for like replacement on all warranty claims only after the manufacturer authorises the replacement. If manufacturer does not authorise the warranty claim, no replacement will be offered.
TIPS FOR DURING MOLDING
- Thermoformable skates should always be molded to achieve the best fit. They have special properties in them which when heated will allow you to greatly reduce the break-in process.
- Always have your skates molded by an official retailer to make sure no damage occurs.
- Always sit when molding skates, do not walk around.
- Maintain level footing when seated, do not tip feet to the side.
- Allow to cool before trying. We recommend a full 24 hours of cooling at room temperature to ensure the skates are fully cooled.
- Skates can only be molded a maximum of 3 times.
TIPS FOR AFTER MOLDING
- When you take your skates home, please ensure you allow a full 24 hours at room temperature to completely cool before putting them on again.
- Do not be tempted to try them on and walk around within the 24 hours after a heat mold, you will damage your new skates!
- Do not be tempted to put them in a fridge or outside to cool quicker. This does not work and will only damage the integrity of the skates.
- Stand them upright against a skirting board for best results.